The original Ear Seals® dual purpose corded ear plugs from Mack's that reduce noise and seal out water. Made in USA.
- Dual-durometer design provides a unique combination of super-soft seal rings for unmatched comfort and a stiffer inner core for ease of insertion.
- Detachable cord allows user to conveniently hang the earplugs around neck in environments where noise comes and goes.
- Washable and reusable.
- Includes storage case.
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) — 27 decibels.
Power tools, swimming, concerts, motor sports, shooting sports, bathing, loud events, reading, studying, traveling, working, etc.
Directions for use
- Reach over head and gently pull up and back on outer ear to straighten ear canal.
- With opposite hand, grasp earplug stem and insert by pressing forward in a circular motion to form airtight seal.
- Remove earplug slowly with twisting motion to gradually break the seal.
Earplugs should be worn at all times in noisy surroundings. Discard if earplugs come in contact with lubricants, solvents or other chemicals. May be used in chlorinated water. Earplugs should be inspected regularly for serviceability. Replace hard, torn or deformed earplugs. If used daily, replace every 2 to 4 weeks.
- Remove earplug slowly with twisting motion. Due to the excellent seal characteristics, rapid removal may damage eardrum.
- Do not pull cord to remove from ear.
- Do not push earplug into ear so far that you are unable to easily grasp the stem with thumb and forefinger.
- Remove cord from earplugs (with firm tug) before using for water activities or where there is a risk that it may get caught up during use.
- Do not use for sleeping.
- Use only as directed.
- Keep away from infants and small children. This product is non-toxic, but may interfere with breathing if caught in windpipe, or if cord is wrapped around neck, which could lead to serious injury or death.
- Do not use for scuba diving or at depths over 10 feet.
- Improper fitting or disregard of the above recommendations will reduce effectiveness and could result in hearing loss or injury.
- Wash with mild soap and warm water.
- Dry thoroughly before reinserting into ear.
- Store in original case.
What are these ear plugs made of and do they contain latex?
The earplugs are made from two different types of plastic; one for the rigid inner core, the other for the soft seal rings. They do not contain any latex.
Can the earplugs be cleaned?
Yes. The earplugs can be cleaned with mild soap and warm water. Dry thoroughly before re-inserting into ear canal.
Can these earplugs be used to seal out water and reduce noise?
Yes, these earplugs are designed for noise and water protection. For your safety, remove the cord while using the earplugs for water activities and sleeping.
Are there any application tips to help me get an airtight / watertight seal with the earplugs?
First try re-inserting after carefully re-reading the directions. If you still have trouble getting the earplug to seal, re-insert and wiggle the stem while gently pushing the earplug to form a waterproof seal. If you are still having trouble inserting the earplug into the ear canal, try inserting it with the tip pointed slightly forward toward your face. A sign that the earplug is sealing properly is that your own voice will sound more internal and exaggerated. Another way to check that you have a proper seal is to grip the stem of the plug and wiggle it (ever so slightly) in and out. A properly sealed plug will create a slight suction effect.
After a doctor inserts ear tubes, is it O.K. to use a flanged style earplug like this to keep out water, thus helping prevent infection?
We do not recommend this type of plug while wearing ear tubes. Since flanged earplugs are inserted into the ear canal, we recommend that they only be used by those without pre-existing ear health conditions. Use Mack's Pillow Soft Silicone Putty Earplugs while wearing tubes as they seal the ear without penetrating the ear canal. Consult an E.N.T. (ear, nose, and throat doctor) to see if they are safe to use for your particular case. If the earplugs are corded, be sure to remove the cord before water activities.
Can these ear plugs be used on children?
We recommend you consult an E.N.T. (ear, nose, and throat doctor) so that they can help you determine if the earplugs are safe for your particular application. While these earplugs were designed for older kids and adults, doctors and parents have used the flanged earplugs on kids as young as 7 years of age. We recommend using the Mack's Kids Size Soft Moldable Silicone Putty Earplugs
for children 6 and under. In most cases, it will simply depend on the size of the individual's ear canals. An adult should always supervise usage and the plug should only be used if it can be fit comfortably and effectively to the ear canal. Keep away from infants and small children. These earplugs are non-toxic, but may interfere with breathing if caught in windpipe, which could lead to serious injury or death.